Join our Discord!

Archived Zotwi's Trainee Application

Discussion in 'Application Archive' started by Zotwi, Jul 17, 2017 at 12:20 PM.

Should we accept this person?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

100.0%
  1. Zotwi

Zotwi New Member

May 29, 2017

About me
    Date of birth:
    February 29 2000​
    General Location:
    California, USA​
    Applying for the following server(s):
    [TF2] Rapid Fire + Unlimited Ammo + Trade​
    Do you have a microphone:
    Yes.​
    Alternative accounts:
    N\A​
    Do you understand SteamRep, please explain?
    SteamRep is a site used for checking the background history of a player. It is pretty much a criminal background check for everyone who trades using Steam. It's super useful for making sure you are making a deal with someone who isn't a past scammer, cheater, impersonator, or spycrab runner.​
    About you:
    I am Brandon, a 17 year old boy from California. I love playing video games but I also have many other hobbies. I have a strong passion for music and the arts. I love playing my instruments, listening to music, and even producing it in my free time. I also like reading with the time on my hands when I just need to relax and take a while. I am currently on summer break and going into my senior year of high school.
    Application Information
    Experience:
    I will be honest I haven't been a staff member of anything for years. I used to be a moderator for a popular WoW Private Server but I do not remember the name of it, and I've been GM on many Minecraft servers all small and without websites. I have never been a moderator on any TF2 servers but I think this is a good opportunity for me to really learn what it's like. I am still 100% confident that I am completely capable of handling this position and I have no doubt that I can do a fine job at it.​
    Why do you want to be a Trainee?
    I have seen a lack of any administration most of the time that I've been on. The only administration I have ever seen are HornyCorn, Emu, Pixel, and Nooge and that is with continuous play for the past weeks. I saw Pixel once, Nooge once, Emu 2 times, and HornyCorn has been on the whole time. He really does an amazing job as a staff member. It is super frustrating however, when there are micspammers, hackers, or people outright breaking the rules and there are no staff members online. I feel like there is definitely a need for more staff especially on the American servers.

EDIT: I originally did not plan on re-applying for the position because I was frustrated with the application process and how long it takes the management to review applying members. I have since talked to many of them and I now understand what is behind the process so I apologize for not fully understanding the process previously and getting mildly upset at how the servers did the process. I have decided to re-apply because I still think there is a huge lack of staffing on the servers regarding American time-zones which many staff members have agreed with me with. I would like to use this application as a completely clean slate and make sure that everyone understands that I only want the servers to grow and succeed. I want to give a special thanks to Nooge and Makaveli for being really understanding and helping me learn how the application process works. Thank you for reconsidering me as an applicant and I hope to bring a good member to the team in the future! :)

EDIT 2: Third times a charm?​
    Challenges:
    My biggest challenge would probably be that I can be a bit rude sometimes. I can actively work towards fixing this by trying to be nicer and more helpful to the newer traders and younger kids that come onto the server. I also have to learn how different it is being a staff member on TF2 is. I have never experienced that before so it may be a learning process for me. Then I have summer school coming up for a little bit so it may become harder to get on the server, but I can still be active as summer school is only a portion of my day and the rest I will most likely spend playing TF2 anyways.​
    Requirements
    Yes I have.​

2. The Flying Sloth

The Flying Sloth Development Senior Management Development Team

Jun 29, 2015

Hi,
    It seems you have not read the requirements,
    When you have done so please reply to this thread.

3. The Flying Sloth

The Flying Sloth Development Senior Management Development Team

Jun 29, 2015