Join our Discord!

Vote System and Gamemodes

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by -=ST=- Warrak, Jun 30, 2016.

1. -=ST=- Warrak

-=ST=- Warrak Active Member

Nov 6, 2015

We should have a vote system for fun like a quick little gamemodes.
    for example someone can start the vote to start a team elimination round, and after the gamemode is over it requires a costom cool down time for another fun gamemode activation.
    List of fun game modes that I can call off the top of my head:
    -Bumper car round [lasts for 5 min] (20min cooldown)
    -Team Elimination round (30 min cooldown)
    -Randomizer [Lasts for 5 min] (25min cooldown)
    -Infection gamemode (30 min cooldown) <Explained below>
    -All crits [Lasts for 10min] (25 min cooldown]
    The infection gamemode is were all teams start off normal but one person is chosen randomly to be the infected, the person that is starting off infected cannot take damage but is effected only by weapon knockback, after the first person infects another person with his melee weapon then he is no longer invincible but instead he has 5,000 hit points and so does the person he infected. the infected can only use melee weapons and every hit from and infected is an automatic critical hit. The infected also have a class limitation to only a soldier. The infected have a 20% speed bonus. all infected has a colored green reskin[simular to /colorme] and has an outline to distinguish the un-infected from the infected. Normal players still have rapid fire to even the odds, there will be no health packs to heal so health will be a very important thing to watch for.
    I don't think this suggestion will ever happen so I definitely have my doubts but it was just a random thing that came to mind when I started thinking of it. IF we can have something similar to what I suggested then that would be so awesome and thus make the server a less nostalgic place to play on. IF you have any more cool gamemode suggestions you wanna add to the list above then feel free to comment down below. IF I made a mistake on something then please say so below.

-Just a suggestion keep in mind that this probably will NEVER happen but something that I thought would be cool to have in the TF2 community, Thanks.

2. FastaPasta

FastaPasta Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2016

I like it. But in addition to what you said about random gamemodes, there should be a command to include or exclude people in events like these listed above. I still remember when Miller was playing he would do events and people cursed as him. Or even Trains and 18DD would do small events, people would curse and protest it should be the way it was before.

The commands should be like !eventyes and !eventno (event yes) (event no)

However this I like seeing this idea built forward.

3. Kool

Kool [Lifetime Donor]

Dec 10, 2015

I don't really see it due to costs

4. -=ST=- Train Overlord!

-=ST=- Train Overlord! Retired

Nov 21, 2015

Everyone are gonna curse and protest no matter what. I would think it would be best if..
    A staff member actives these events. This stops people from spamming the command. And keep thing under control if needed. And a like the other events. A prize can be given.

5. -=ST=- Train Overlord!

Nov 21, 2015

To give players the power to activate something as high as that. Is most likely a bad idea. There are many reasons why it is. That's one of the reasons I think a staff member should be the only one to activate the minigsmes

6. -=ST=- Train Overlord!

Nov 21, 2015

Ops I replied to the wrong comment. Meant to reply to..

• Like Like x 2
    • -=ST=- Warrak

Nov 6, 2015

nice suggestion, I think when the event voting starts there should atleast be 1 staff member online to control what happens and if things go wrong the staff can do a /voteabort. Good though

• -=ST=- Warrak

Nov 6, 2015

its all in keeping the server from bearing a nostalgic tone of rapid fire snipers constantly dominating people and making them leave. Hopefully this idea would have people stay. Good thought, but if there was one staff member one the server required for the vote to take place then that would be fine, the staff member can abort the vote with a /voteabort command if things go wrong.

• Like Like x 1
      • FastaPasta

FastaPasta Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2016

I am a non - rapid fire sniper with AWP, yet I still dominate people xD

It would be nice to cancel the instant charge that the sniper gets for his sniper rifle (or the AWP could get the instant charge as the AWP doesn't get it for some reason ;-;)

• Like Like x 1