Join our Discord!

Accepted Pudgey's Trainee Application

Discussion in 'Application Archive' started by Pudgey, Dec 25, 2016.

Should we accept this person?

1. Yes

75.0%
  2. No

25.0%
  1. Pudgey

Pudgey [Lifetime Donor]

Nov 2, 2016

About me
    Date of birth:
    24th December 1997​
    General Location:
    United Kingdom​
    Applying for the following server(s):
    Rapid Fire + Unlimited Ammo + Trade | Australia, Rapid Fire + Unlimited Ammo + Trade | USA​
    Do you have a microphone:
    Yes, but I don't want to use it because I'm actually 4 years old and don't want you to know.​
    Alternative accounts:
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/AwakenedChaos/ (irl friends account, shared games)

http://steamcommunity.com/id/alfie123455/ (Brother, shared games)

Literally all I can remember logging onto my IP address, if i'm mistaken then bamboozle me or something.​
    Do you understand SteamRep, please explain?
    Used it a fair bit to stalk people. Steamrep is a community based site created in order to keep track of scammers and prevent fraud within the gaming community. Can be used to check history and gather information on a certain user so you know you're trading/making a transaction with a trustworthy user. Safety checks.​
    About you:
    What's poppin' laddies and lasses?

Hey its me Pudgey/Lambda, quite a few of you know me, call me whichever. Just turned 19, living in the UK, weather here is pretty swell the rain makes me feel good and the temperatures are lush. Full-time shitposter and meme genius, loved by many, hated by many. Very immature in some cases but if it's demanded I can be serious, I basically speak in sarcasm. I'm addicted to video games such as TF2, always had a passion for fps games, i'm a tryhard sweaty sniper main with an unhealthy amount of hours, won a season of competitive with an old team I was part of but I've gotten rusty recently. All time favorite games are the Halo original trilogy and the Borderlands franchise even though pre-sequel sucked squid (trying not to swear here give me a break). Huge flipping nerd (literally huge).

I love me some movies, basically anything Studio Ghibli, Tarantino or it says Star Wars or Harry Potter in it. TV series, yeah I love them, few favorites are Breaking Bad, Stranger Things & The Office (Jim Halpert is basically my soul animal). Anime? Yeah, not a weeaboo though like Fapnap. Cowboy Bebop, Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, Steins;gate & Naruto Shippuden happen to be my besties. Trying to not look like a complete loser here isn't going to work so i'll go ahead and also admit to talking to my dog about deep, meaningful topics while she stares at my food. I actually sing in the shower too and dance on my chair to old party songs.
    Application Information
    Experience:
    Experience? Senior Admin for Fortress of Gamers, a partnered community.

https://forums.f-o-g.eu/

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/fortressofgamers_admins#members
    Why do you want to be a Trainee?
    Intro

After growing a small sweet spot in my heart for you peeps through chatting on discord and playing with a few of you on the servers I feel i'd like to apply. I never quite pictured myself applying here as I thought this community was something i'd never get myself involved in because Enstage owns it and I hate Minecraft. Being from the UK and all might make you skeptical of my application with the servers i'm applying for being based in the USA & Australia but I reckon I can keep a healthy amount of activity there, its bout' giving it my all!

Why would I like to be a trainee? Well I need to spank Quirky back for all that abuse. Jokes aside I've always had a passion for giving a helping hand and when I put my heart to something, I give it my all.

Why should you take me on?

Got quite a lot to live up to after trashing other peoples applications, bit nervous guys!!!

I'm a very resilient person, I tend to never really give up on my passions even if I have crappy times and as i'm quite fond of this community and it's members this is something I see as a great opportunity to apply for and something I plan to take on long term.

I really like to think I work well as part of a team and not just like a solo reject who likes to take mid lane after spamming "cyka blyat" in the chat who never communicates with his fellow staff members, I like to get involved, do things, standing still is boring. I'd love to share ideas and help improve the community as a whole, I guess that's a good trait of mine.

I'm not really a soft person, well, I can be but not when it comes to being a moderator. I can be a bit of a donut towards people, i'm semi-strict, being an admin for a trade server at FoG and having a total of 123 days spent in an environment like that of your servers I feel nothing for rule breakers so I can easily purge them without feeling a single bit of sympathy. This doesn't mean i'm an utter asshole to everybody I come across, i'm generally a laid back and relaxed person who likes to share a laugh pretty much 97% of the time, well, 99%.

I'm passionate about the position i'm applying for, it isn't going to be something i'll drop after a day or two. I like to give a helping hand where I can which ultimately is why i'd love to become a trainee, to make the servers a more enjoyable and relaxing place for people to spend time. If being accepted, I know for certain working alongside you guys wont be a let down.

Overall I think i'd be a good little addition to the team, hopefully you see it in me as well.

Challenges:
    No heresy is too much to purge.

Probably keeping up to par with the other moderators while being out of both the timezone of the USA and Australia, I reckon i'll crack it though, like I cracked my little toe on the wall the other day.

Other than that, I don't really think i'll face any challenges.

Thanks for reading me old cream crackers, appreciate it.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • B&H |littlemadtiger

B&H |littlemadtiger Member

Aug 3, 2016

Seeing as your first application wasn't taken serious at all, what should be the reason people should take this one seriously? Joke or not, I didn't read "Got quite a lot to live up to after trashing other peoples applications, bit nervous guys!!!" that as giving someone who says that a shot.

Over at FoG, Pudge has been one of the very few admins I've respected in my time over there;don't see why he wouldn't be well respected over here. However, I must treat every person who decides to apply equally, so I will point out your chat logs: http://stats.smt-gaming.net/player_histories/chat/88731

This is not the person I know over at FoG, and I definitely know you're better than what I'm reading. Staying Neutral.

• Like Like x 1
      • Murdoch

Murdoch TF2 Rapid Fire Manager Division Manager

Jul 31, 2016

Hm.

+1

Attached Files:

• Makaveli

Makaveli TF2 Rapid Fire Manager Division Manager Development Team Senior Trade Moderator Forum Moderator

May 27, 2016

Pending

Do you have any questions?

+1 great app, great person.

• Like Like x 1
        • Agree Agree x 1
        • Friendly Friendly x 1
        • Pudgey

Pudgey [Lifetime Donor]

Nov 2, 2016

Did you even read it all, thanks by the way. Other than that, no.

• FastaPasta

FastaPasta Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2016

Someone like this should always be accepted. "I reckon i'll crack it though, like I cracked my little toe on the wall the other day. "

• Friendly Friendly x 1
          • Quirky

Quirky Senior Server Moderator

Apr 12, 2016

While your chat history on our servers isn't the best, it's not the worst. I've played with you on f-o-g a bit and see that you can be serious and handle situations well (when you aren't bullying me :sob:)

+1 Quality

• Friendly Friendly x 1
            • Murdoch

Murdoch TF2 Rapid Fire Manager Division Manager

Jul 31, 2016

um actually make that -1 because he rated my potstbad spellgin :(

• Richard O'Mally

Richard O'Mally Retired

Jan 23, 2016

+1 from me

• Agree Agree x 1
              • Friendly Friendly x 1
              • Enstage

Enstage Owner

Feb 17, 2015

Looks like we'll be needing to get some servers over in the UK.

• Agree Agree x 3
                • Kool

Kool [Lifetime Donor]

Dec 10, 2015

• Razu

Razu New Member

Dec 22, 2016

• Yoda

Yoda New Member

Oct 27, 2016

In my personal professional opinion I think Pudgey has a very abusive history and hasn't really improved in the past few months. And with regards of Tio I am voting no because of shits and giggles.

Thank you for reading

• Dislike Dislike x 1
                  • Friendly Friendly x 1
                  • B&H |littlemadtiger

B&H |littlemadtiger Member

Aug 3, 2016

"Dec 28, 2016 1:27:56 pm I have to keep my chatlog clean SMT-GAMING.NET [AUS] Trade + Rapid Fire + Infinite Ammo #1"

"Dec 28, 2016 1:27:52 pm I will say i like young girls SMT-GAMING.NET [AUS] Trade + Rapid Fire + Infinite Ammo #1
                    Dec 28, 2016 1:26:45 pm I like to put mine in my ass SMT-GAMING.NET [AUS] Trade + Rapid Fire + Infinite Ammo #1"

If you have to keep it clean, and just cannot keep your maturity by heart, then I must say a -1 is the only way I can go. I didn't see any improvement in the past few days. The fact that you're having to mentally try to obtain a mature and respectful manner upon entering servers is seen in my eyes as someone who doesn't deserve an administrative spot.

Your chat log actually just hit rock bottom, and I wasn't impressed. Literally the 28th (today), is the only time I saw actual maturity within your chat logs. Really man, I expected better, especially for a present admin in a bigger community. If anyone thinks I'm being too harsh: you should read an application. Actually look into the chats, and maybe do your job too; instead of "+1 great guy"

• Useful Useful x 1
                    • Pudgey

Pudgey [Lifetime Donor]

Nov 2, 2016

Okay, listen, the way you're going about my application is like you're watching me like a hawk. I took your advice, you're always proper blunt on any application I make then come sweettalk me in pm's, yeah thats fine, I can take it, but when I sit here and feel like you're purposely out for me when you say you respect me is a joke.

My chatlog isn't even bad enough to make a case on to be honest, I like to have a laugh with people because i'm not some boring, colourless person who cant take a laugh. Literally everything i've said these past few days in my chatlog is harmless jokes exchanged with either Quirky or Onyx. I'm not sat there mindlessly insulting players for no reason, i'm there, i have a laugh with people, a bit of fun and that's that. I'm not going to change and not be myself, stay quiet without saying a single word like you'd probably expect me to, I like to join in when people have a joke and that wont change. Now don't get me wrong, I can handle myself and be mature but just not as much as you expect.

Being too harsh? No, you just lack context and jump to a conclusion.

• Agree Agree x 4
                      • Like Like x 1
                      • Winner Winner x 1
                      • Makaveli

Makaveli TF2 Rapid Fire Manager Division Manager Development Team Senior Trade Moderator Forum Moderator

May 27, 2016

I personally think pudgey would fit in nicely for a few reasons.
                        • Pudgey already is well known amongst staff and members alike; know's how to have a laugh with them, brings joy to our sometimes boring general discord chat and can be serious if need be. Although there have been a few times where I think he's gone a bit too far, I would much rather have that than somebody who's no fun to be around and moderates the servers like a mindless drone.
                        • You've all nitpicked his chat history, but I don't see most of it as that bad. When you come onto one of our servers you're greeted with plenty of cancer that I've come to love, everything that could be seen as abusive or offensive is nothing and is for the most part taken lightly or as a joke. You might think this is no way for a staff member to act because they in some way represent the servers but I would disagree, if it's all taken as a joke and nobody gets offended or cares why can't he? As pudgey has stated, he's made an effort to improve which is great and something I noticed.
                        • A criticism put forth was that if he has to make a conscious effort to in your eyes not be rude or disrespectful, it's a huge negative. This to me is quite stupid, if somebody is trying to improve on that way they are or were brought up you can't ask for more, maybe it's just who he is? (Next part is just an example) If somebody is brought up in an abusive family and these abusive traits rub off on the child, and the features get taken into adulthood, is the person at fault or the family?
                        Enstage.PNG
                        I know I've already said it, but pudgey is definitely a worthy person for the role and out of everyone the only applicant who I care about the outcome of their application.

• Like Like x 4
                        • Agree Agree x 3
                        • Winner Winner x 1
                        • Friendly Friendly x 1
                        • FapNap

FapNap Staff Manager Senior Management

Apr 9, 2015

Under Review.

• Like Like x 1
                          • Friendly Friendly x 1
                          • Makaveli

May 27, 2016

Accepted, welcome to the team ;) .

• Like Like x 3