Join our Discord!
  1. Welcome to SMT Gaming! Please create an account and take a look around! :D
    Dismiss Notice

Declined: Moderator Papa Smuppy's Trainee Application

Discussion in 'Application Archive' started by Papa Smuppy, Jan 2, 2017.

Should we accept this person?

1. Yes

50.0%
  2. No

50.0%
  1. Papa Smuppy

Papa Smuppy Server Trainee [Lifetime Donor]

Dec 29, 2016

About me
    Date of birth:
    November 20 1998​
    General Location:
    Oregon, Eugene​
    Applying for the following server(s):
    [TF2] Rapid Fire + Unlimited Ammo + Trade​
    Do you have a microphone:
    Yes.​
    Alternative accounts:
    I do not have any other accounts.​
    Do you understand SteamRep, please explain?
    It's a website that keeps track of their own transaction. It also keeps track of scammers​
    About you:
    Hi, I'm Papa Smuppy! If you were to join an amarican [TF2] Rapid Fire + Unlimited Ammo + Trade server and ask my name, someone would probibly know it. I found this server my accident and love it ever since. What I love to do is to join a server, and try to make it so that everyone would have fun. I'm a good shooter and a good friend to all of my buddies. I also can have a calm attitude. I can take a lot of criticism and respond calmly and in a positive attitude. Even on days that just plain suck, I still try to be positive.If you do not accept my application, I won't hold it against you. I just might not be cut out to be an admin.
    Application Information
    Experience:
    I have never been and Admin on any server that I can recall.​
    Why do you want to be a Trainee?
    The reason I want to be an admin is becuase there isn't alway and admin on. Sometimes when I join this server, I'm confronted with people who are gliching guns into the boxing arena and people who are using their mic for music, or just shouting in it. I would try to not admin abuse and would be careful at what I do.​
    Challenges:
    I do use some vulgar language but I can definitely bring it down to little to no vulgar language. So I might get some hate towards that. I also am not one of the biggest trader, so others might get angry at that. The other this is that I have terrible memory, so I would have to keep referring to the rules a lot.​

2. Makaveli

Makaveli TF2 Rapid Fire Manager Division Manager Development Team Junior Trade Moderator Forum Moderator

May 27, 2016

Does this mean you would be compelled to abuse your power? (if given to you)

This application is pending.

Do you have any questions?

3. Pudgey

Pudgey [Lifetime Donor]

Nov 2, 2016

I feel I should put my input here as I've played with you on the servers a fair amount, enough to determine whether you are moderator material or not. From what I can see you're always constantly shouting down the microphone and interrupting others even if you don't realize it. You do come across as being very rude sometimes like on one occasion you told somebody to shut up while he was trying to advertise his trade down the microphone hurling words like "kid" and "squeaker" at him, then your friends follow suit and join in to the point said player left the game. I've even had to ask you to tone down a little, for everyone else's sake but you pay little to no attention to the text chat, this has happened more than a few times.

Something that's lingered on my mind for a while is the fact that you always have to complain about something that's going on, it's a terrible attitude to have, whether it be somebody killing you or the friendlies you're with and you tend to respond in a passive aggressive manner. Toning down on the heavy amount of backseat moderating you do too would help you massively on this application. Remember, as a donator it doesn't give you the right to enforce rules/act like a moderator.

Listen, you can really be a nice fella to people sometimes and its a nice thing to show, but you should work on your flaws, like we all do.

Good luck on your application.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Useful Useful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Papa Smuppy

Dec 29, 2016

No, I would not be compelled to abuse my power. I would make sure that if I were to mute someome, it would be if there was compelling evidence of it.

• Papa Smuppy

Dec 29, 2016

Pudgey, thanks for your comment. I will keep in mind with this.
      Have a nice day. :)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
      • Papa Smuppy

Dec 29, 2016

Also, Thanks for the critisism. I apreciate it.

• Kool

Kool [Lifetime Donor]

Dec 10, 2015

I Don't Like This Application
        Too Many Spelling Mistakes (Keep In Mind My Capitalising Of Every Word Is A Habit I Have On The Forums)
        And This May Seem A Bit Well.. Its Hard To Explain, I Just Don't Like It

• Kool

Kool [Lifetime Donor]

Dec 10, 2015

For That Last One Its More Or Less The Grammar But More Or Less These Are Some Of The Examples

• Murdoch

Murdoch TF2 Rapid Fire Manager Division Manager

Jul 31, 2016

Hey Did You Ever Learn How To Capitalise Your Words In High School???? You Should Also Learn About Punctuation It Is Cool And Stuff

• Winner Winner x 2
        • Kool

Kool [Lifetime Donor]

Dec 10, 2015

Whoops, My Mistake 8)

• Papa Smuppy

Dec 29, 2016

Sorry for all of my spelling mastakes, but thanks for the critisism

• Kool

Kool [Lifetime Donor]

Dec 10, 2015

No Problem

• Papa Smuppy

Dec 29, 2016

I had thought I had made sure that there weren't any mastakes XD
          Guess I failed at that. Oops.

• B&H |littlemadtiger

B&H |littlemadtiger Member

Aug 3, 2016

Seen you in the server on multiple occasions. His use of his microphone is extensive; you can hear him a lot. The thing Pudgey did mention is absolutely something I have noticed. If you're willing to cut that out 100%, it will make selection easier for the admins.

Yeah the experience thing may be a bit hard to get by, but even myself I had to learn 7 years ago how to administer with help and learning. Knowing the guys on the admin team (US side), you will learn quite a bit and be able to master the SM commands and code by 1-2 months, give or take. In honesty too, vulgar language is acceptable as long as its controlled, so there's really no need to worry about that.

As something that Kool mentioned, the grammar mistakes. I feel like you rushed your application and didn't take the time to really read out every word and check for simple grammar and spelling mistakes;which is something you said you did, and I will call you out just because that doesn't really seem true. Considering you're an American, and in schools, they teach you in English classes to always "check your grammar".

I'm going heavily on a -1. The grammar mistakes, and the in-game attitude I have seen (even yesterday), was truth to par that you really wouldn't fit on their administrative team.

• Informative Informative x 2
          • Papa Smuppy

Dec 29, 2016

I see, thanks for your concern. I will make a bigger effort to stop spamming so much.I'm also sorry for my grammar mistakes. I though I had found all my mistakes. Guess I was wrong. Maybe I shouldn't be an admin after all...
            Anyways, thanks for your comment.
            Papa out!

• Makaveli

Makaveli TF2 Rapid Fire Manager Division Manager Development Team Junior Trade Moderator Forum Moderator

May 27, 2016

• Makaveli

May 27, 2016

Hello,
            After some review, we've decided to decline this application. I would like to thank you for the effort you put into your application and can't wait to see you around!

Regards, Makaveli.