Join our Discord!

Fixing New exploit

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by FastaPasta, Dec 28, 2016.

1. FastaPasta

FastaPasta Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2016

I recently found out that you can use your primary guns in the boxing arena...joking. But seriously, you can teamkill via Demoman with only the grenade launcher within your spawn. I discovered it after being abused by a salty prick whilst using it against me. Anyways, once fired from the grenade launcher, it caused self - inflicted damage to the user and eventually death. Hopefully this gets prevented in 2017. Thanks!

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Emunator

Emunator Senior Trade Moderator Forum Moderator [Lifetime Donor]

Aug 23, 2016

We're mostly aware of this issue and I've personally tested and concluded it's not just the Demoman but other classes aswell.
      I also hope something get's done about it but im not sure whether it's a TF2 bug or a bug on the server due to how it's done. (Haven't tried it on other servers so Im not sure)
      I tested it on 3 other servers and can confirm that bug is also on them. It's safe to assume the bug is something on Valves side. Do note that I tested it on other community servers, could be caused by a plugin all 4(Including SMT) are using.

For now, I suppose all we can do is get proof of users using the exploit and report it here, as it does ruin gameplay.

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Informative Informative x 1
      • Silver Fox =^.^=

Silver Fox =^.^= Server Moderator

Feb 23, 2016

I was made aware of this yesterday while talking and playing with fasta on the same server ( #1 i think it was ). I have seen this happen a few times and been left scratching my head to as how this would happen, i do believe this to be a bug and will keep an eye out for it.

• Agree Agree x 1
        • FastaPasta

Jan 30, 2016

Forgot to mention, when you team kill, whether the user or designated player is killed, there name will be white in the killfeed. Could this be used as evidence for reporting exploiters?

• FastaPasta

Jan 30, 2016

I tried out the exploit (test purposes) on server #3, I couldn't team kill anyone but myself.

• Emunator

Aug 23, 2016

I just went on and tested server 3, I spawn killed my own teammates with grenade launcher and cow mangler.

• Emunator

Aug 23, 2016

Marked as Fixing.
          Enstage is currently aware of this issue and is looking into a fix.
          We strongly believe it's a valve related bug though, so don't have your hopes up, but he is looking for workarounds to fix it.

• Informative Informative x 2
          • Kool

Kool [Lifetime Donor]

Dec 10, 2015

mk then
            I Have Not Seen It, On These Servers That Is.

I Was On A FOG Server And One Of The Servers Was Closed For At Least One Hour, I Don't Think It Had To Do With The Exploit As Such But Its The Only Thing I Have Seen Related To This Exploit. I Shall Test It Myself...

• Kool

Kool [Lifetime Donor]

Dec 10, 2015

i cannot do the exploit