Join our Discord!

Under Review Mike Snow's Middleman Application

Discussion in 'Trade Staff Applications' started by Mike Snow, May 29, 2017.

1. Mike Snow

Mike Snow New Member

May 29, 2017

1. Are you at least 16 years of age (include your DOB)? Location and timezone? Languages you speak?
    Yes.
    02/03/1999 (18 years of age).
    Aalborg, Denmark
    GMT +1 / ETC +1 / CET

2. SteamRep Block
    | steamname: Mike Snow
    | steam3ID: [U:1:295968934]
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:0:147984467
    | steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198256234662
    | customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/mikesnowdk
    | steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198256234662

3. List all your alternate accounts by SteamRep block
    None.

4. What trading experience do you have?
    I have done a few trades on Steam with CS:GO, so i am familiar with trades on Steam with both CS:GO and TF2, but most of my trading happens in Rocket League, where i've traded a lot.

5. What middlemanning experience do you have?
    Nothing major other than for a few online friends who didn't trust each other, but trusted me.

6. What experience / knowledge do you have in terms of scams & fraud?
    I have been studying business which gives me a bit of knowledge, but not really about trading online. Though, i have been trading for a long time, so i know a lot of the scamming methods and frauds. I have personally never been scammed myself, since i usually look up info to the smallest detail.

7. Why do you want to become a middleman?
    I am part of a large danish group for CS:GO which also involves trading. This group has 3+ posts a day about people getting scammed, and i therefore want to help in preventing these people from being scammed. This doesn't mean i'll only be helping danish people though. I am willing to help anyone who requires the assistance.

I also find that it would maybe be a fun experience when meeting new people, getting new friends etc.

8. During what hours would you generally be available to middleman?
    My timezone:
    Weekdays: 3 PM - 11 PM
    Weekends and holidays: Usually around 1 PM - 3 AM

2. Enstage

Enstage Owner

Feb 17, 2015

Thanks for your application, it is currently under review. Please check back frequently in case we have any questions.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Mike Snow

Mike Snow New Member

May 29, 2017

I just realized i didn't answer the "Languages you speak?" so here it is:
      Fluent Danish
      English with American accent
      Understand a bit of german text

• Mike Snow

Mike Snow New Member

May 29, 2017

It has nothing to do with being a rank hunter. I genuenely want to try being a middleman. I feel like it can lead to some fun times while also preventing scams. I don't know what makes you come to the conclusion that i am a rank hunter, but i can asure you that's not what i am.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
      • Enstage

Enstage Owner

Feb 17, 2015

I apologise for his post, I have warned him and removed it.

Please do not post on applications unless you have something meaningful to add.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
        • Miller

Miller Retired

Oct 5, 2015

I hope this is meaningful.

- He's not even in the Steam group
          - No activity on the servers - I'm aware it isn't a requirement to play the servers, but it's idiotic to let some random who just registers and has contributed fuck-all to this community to be able to actually apply for such a position.
          - His first post and appearance here: posting an application to become a middle-man on the exact day he has registered.

According to backpack.tf, your Team Fortress 2 inventory's highest worth has only been $0.01 USD

I would check CSGO and Dota's backpack websites, but I'm having some internal error.
          I don't even believe you have the adequate amount of experience when it comes to trading in order to do good in this position. In fact, I believe you have very minimal experience and knowledge when it comes to SteamRep or just having adequate knowledge of fraud and various scam methods.

Sorry, but for me, rank hunter is written all over this application. You're representing this community and you'll have lots of responsibilities, not to mention this community is also affiliated with SteamRep which should make consideration for such a position so much more difficult and

The application itself is quite a red flag, I would've declined it straight away.

I can't give you a tick on any of these additional requirements either.
          • are well integrated into the trading community (not just SMT),
          • have a strong knowledge of fraud and different scam methods,
          • have significant trading experience,
          • are trusted by other members of the community (not just SMT members).
          Bottom line: You have no history with this community, or any other major communities from what I've had a minor glimpse upon, no authentic/useful trust or references whatsoever as well.

Q: Can you provide a link to this Danish group you mentioned in your application?

• Like Like x 1
          • Agree Agree x 1
          • Friendly Friendly x 1
          • Useful Useful x 1