Join our Discord!
  1. Welcome to SMT Gaming! Please create an account and take a look around! :D
    Dismiss Notice

Magic appearing portal/Magic buttion

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by -=ST=- Train Overlord!, Jun 18, 2016.

1. -=ST=- Train Overlord!

-=ST=- Train Overlord! Retired

Nov 21, 2015

Idea= What if every say 30-60 minutes. A special portal appears inside the middle house. And it stays there for about 4-5 minutes. Before it disappears. Once you enter it. It takes you to a special area. Only accessible by the portal.

And another idea. So yay 2 at once. What if there was a button that floods the map in water. It can only be pressed once every 1-2 hours. And its inside the portal from the idea above. It will slowly fill the map. (Taking 1-2 minutes to fill completely) And it stays they for 3-5 minutes Only way to NOT drown. Is by heath kits and dispensers and regular healing stuff.

2. FastaPasta

FastaPasta Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2016

The second option is going to involve unnecessary trolling, what I mean is people hogging the button. (thats if they are willing to spend 1 - 2 hours waiting to push it again xD)

3. Quirky

Quirky Senior Server Moderator

Apr 12, 2016

Admin tower?

4. FastaPasta

Jan 30, 2016

Well its a community thing so I feel everyone should get the opportunity to have a go at it.

Also, to stop greifing (spamming the button numerous times and not letting anyone else push it) make it like a chat log so its easier to track.

e.g. I pushed the button 3 times with my "left-mouse button" ---> in Chat log it should say "Pressed Flood button" or something like that.

• Like Like x 1
    • -=ST=- Train Overlord!

Nov 21, 2015

There is no need. No one can spam/trol the buttion if it can only be actived every 1-2 hours.. I dont see theproblem. Once pressed the buttion disappears and doesnt return unto that 1-2 hours has passed. So i dont see the issue here.. @FastaPasta

• Like Like x 1
      • -=SMT=-Majestic{18DD}

-=SMT=-Majestic{18DD} Server Moderator

Feb 23, 2016

On the mario map i used to play on there was a nuke button that came on every 45min... You would hear a " door opening " sound... Hit the button and a siren would sound, you then had less than 30 seconds to get to the bunker ( dance room ) where the doors would shut and keep you safe from the Nuke that dropped.View attachment EF61FECD6A7F0298B614931248DDA1128D7ABFA9.jpg

Now that would be cool.

Errrrr scuse the chat there. Not sure who said that ( not me )

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 18, 2016
        • Like Like x 1
        • FastaPasta

Jan 30, 2016

Additional idea, Make the button randomly appear in random locations

P.S the problem was people standing there at the button and waiting to push it again. Then again who would wait for 1-2 hours to push it again xD

• Like Like x 1
          • Quirky

Quirky Senior Server Moderator

Apr 12, 2016

To drown everyone. I would.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2016
            • Like Like x 1
            • -=ST=- Warrak

-=ST=- Warrak Active Member

Nov 6, 2015
              yes, If we can get some map developers to edit the current map we have It would be awesome to have a lot more secrets and hidden rooms just to keep the server more interesting.

• FastaPasta

Jan 30, 2016

Enstage said he didn't have any map developers, yet he has a custom built map from someone, or that someone could be himself.

• Enstage

Enstage Owner

Feb 17, 2015

Good idea. I see a few problems though, the house moves up and done with the cage below it when the button in the admin tower is pressed. If this button is spawned it might be quite difficult to get it to move with the house (if would have to be a separate object). I still think it is possible however; for example: currently the cage below the house and the house itself are not actually attached together, it took Nooge a good 3 hours to get the to move together in sync so it looks like they are attached, we would have to do the same again for the button ;)

Once again, a good idea. I have one answer though :/ LAGGGGGGGGGG... We can't do this, the lag would be absolutely impossible for the server and the clients to bare. I don't even think its possible to spawn and de-spawn water anyway (don't quote me on that).

I'll add this to the list of things for the next map. Location of the button will have to be decided though.

I'm not sure if this is possible (I don't have any knowledge of Source maps). But from my general knowledge of programming, I think we would only be able to have a few set locations for it to appear it, and quite possibly on a timer (so people will be able to figure out where the button is based on how long the server has been running, and/or where the previous button was located). I certainly do like the idea though!

Two of the three people who have worked on our map used to be staff and are no longer, so unfortunately I don't really want to call them back just to work on our map (still an option though), I might ask Nooge if he wants to help out. The third is the original map developer (we actually run a heavily modified version of his map), I might try asking him but I don't think he's interested in development anymore unfortunately. I did contact another well known developer, but he was quite expensive and in the end I decided it was not feasible. Also; I can't develop anything visual for shit (including maps), the most creative thing I've ever done was making this website green.

• Like Like x 2
              • -=ST=- Train Overlord!

Nov 21, 2015

@-=ST=- Enstage

• -=SMT=-Majestic{18DD}

-=SMT=-Majestic{18DD} Server Moderator

Feb 23, 2016

Its a awesome idea ! , if it could be made that you need to run to the boxing ring or some other " Safe " room before the doors shut, everyone fights to try and get it and the ones left out side die haha.

• -=ST=- Train Overlord!

Nov 21, 2015

OMG YES

• Like Like x 1
                • -=ST=- Warrak

Nov 6, 2015
                  We need to have a special party zone on the map that has selectable music and a dance floor. Also the music can be changed in a DJ room and the DJ room can be locked once one person enters.

• -=ST=- Warrak

Nov 6, 2015
                  the Donars/VIP get to go into the DJ room whether or not it is closed or not, The Donars also get access to another room in the Dance room that shows a more widespread amount of songs that normal users don't have access to. The way to get into the special room in the dance room should be exactly like the VIP entrance at every spawn. There should also be on to the DJ room. If you do not know what VIP entrance at spawn I am talking about; its the one that says VIP distinctly above a small hole in the wall that only VIPs can use by using the /resizeme command.

• -=ST=- Warrak

Nov 6, 2015
                  Also another suggestion we should have for donars is a command like /Kit donator or /kit vip that gives the user a +15 max health and is removed on death with a cmd cool down of 7 minutes[effects should not be stackable]. Also the donars should have an extra 25% point bonus for every kill if the person killed is worth more than or equal to 4 points.

• -=ST=- Train Overlord!

Nov 21, 2015

We have a room like that. But its VIP only. You know the hole thats in our spawns? Yeah in there is the disco room. Its for donators only. So the chances of making another one for non vip is very low. And what happens if people camp the room? Build sentries? And the reds/blues are gonna fight in there. So basically we have that room for donators only. Chances are its gonna stay that way.

• -=ST=- Warrak

Nov 6, 2015
                  Camping the area?....we should make a friendly zone were no building and players are allowed to hurt each other ,Also you should have just said "we already have a disco room" and that would have saved you the time of writing an essay for me. What I want is music instead of the sound of people spamming rocket launchers and voice commands. If you could tell me if that disco room has music also then that would answer this question also.