1. Welcome to SMT Gaming! Please create an account and take a look around! :D
    Dismiss Notice

Official Thread How to Report a Scam

Discussion in 'Scam Reports' started by Enstage, Jan 8, 2016.

1. Enstage

Enstage Owner

Feb 17, 2015

Introduction
    As a SteamRep Partner Community we take and process scam reports. If we decide to accept them, we will forward the report to SteamRep, where the accused user (scammer) will get banned and have aSMT BANNED tag on their profile. Reporting through us is much faster than reporting directly to SteamRep (due to their huge backlog).

If you want help with your report, please add Enstage (Only add him through this URL): http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198065405581

How to Make a Report
    Click here to view the Scam Report form. You might want to open it in another tab so you can also view this guide at the same time. You need to create an account on our site BEFORE you can access this form, this can be done by clicking the green "sign in through steam" on our home page.

You MUST have an account on the forums with your Steam account attached to it to use the form above. Click the green "Sign in Through Steam" button on the home page.

The first section of the form is the information used to identify the scammer (so we know who you're reporting!) Here is a screenshot:
    chrome_2016-07-18_19-37-43.png
    1. The name of the scammer.
    2. The ID64 of the scammer, this can be found on the users SteamRep.com profile. And will look similar to this: 76561198065405581
    3. The SteamRep block of the scammer, this can be on the users SteamRep.com profile. Click here to view a guide on how to find this.
    4. You don't have to worry about this if you were the one getting scammed. If it was another user (like your friend) then you need to copy and paste their SteamRep.com block like you did for the scammer.
    5. You don't need to worry about this if you don't know what it is.
    This is the next section:
    chrome_2016-07-18_19-47-03.png
    1. This is the easy part, just describe what happened! For example: "The scammer added me and he told me he'd give me $10 PayPal money after I sent my skin. I sent the skin and never received the money."
    2. You can describe the evidence you have here, link to things etc. You can actually upload the evidence using the "Upload a File" button (labelled 5).
    3. Anything you put in this area will only be visible to forum moderators, admins and management staff. You can put PayPal screenshots in here for example.
    4. The submit button, hit this when you are ready to submit the report.
    5. You can upload evidence using this button.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2016