Join our Discord!
  1. Welcome to SMT Gaming! Please create an account and take a look around! :D
    Dismiss Notice

How could our servers improve

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Brick #WeebTeam, Apr 4, 2016.

1. Brick #WeebTeam

Brick #WeebTeam Retired

Feb 27, 2015

The SmextTrading servers have been around for a long long time and the servers have had the ups and downs over the years.

How do you think the servers could improve?

We want to always improve our servers and make our server a fun and enjoyable place to play and trade with other Team fortress 2 and some times CS:GO Traders.

• Like Like x 3
    • -=SMT=-Majestic{18DD}

-=SMT=-Majestic{18DD} Server Moderator

Feb 23, 2016

Hope this is in the right tread. How about a plugin so mods and admins can call in the Horseman or razmarath or even monoculas for a few min ? Seen it done in on other Halloween servers , or maybe the ability for staff to give them srkfs 20k health and the players try to kill them for prizes ? @-=ST=- Enstage ? Is that possible ?

• FastaPasta

FastaPasta Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2016

Maybe try creating a surf or bhop area where people don't have to fight there way through just to get from point A to point B. I personally think it would definitely increase its popularity, but thats just me. btw i see a lot of people saying "don't kill" in chat, changing there name to "friendly hoovy" (just an example) and people even attempting to type in !friendly and continuously spam that. Maybe create an area where guns do no damage (or god mode in that area, but people will find glitches) and just relax in general.

• FastaPasta

Jan 30, 2016

I found a system that might prevent cheaters, i haven't had a good read on it but i hope this helps is some way. If it doesn't, just imagine it was never there. (Just delete it :D )

• ATOMIX

ATOMIX Freakishly Amazing Member

Nov 29, 2015

I believe this would have to be a dif server all to gether but I do like the idea. But lets forcus on the corrent servers problems enstage still needs to fix some problems as you all know. And also lets get tje CSGO server first as well.

• ATOMIX

Nov 29, 2015

Also I wouldn't mind seeing a smexy kart track or something like that.

• ATOMIX

Nov 29, 2015

? We could use a link bruh we don't know what your talking about just so you know.

• FastaPasta

Jan 30, 2016

• Like Like x 1
      • ATOMIX

Nov 29, 2015

• ATOMIX

Nov 29, 2015

Looks good I will read more into it and suggest it to other staff to get there thoughts but for niw I think we will stick with valve anti cheat for now.

• FastaPasta

Jan 30, 2016

Valve's VAC ban is not 100%. There was a post that Vitality (Valve Staff member) said that all people falsely banned have been unbanned. I have seen live VAC bans on my csgo matches, as the AWPer I wonder how he could see me through the wall, however, Valve need to create an IP ban, like what u guys have here. Cuz u get banned, who cares? make another account. the point is Valve VAC bans ain't 100%. For csgo out IGL (in game leader) left, we haven't got anything back. well I hope that does something. i will see if i can find that tread on the False vac bans. Take Care!

-Fasta P.

• ATOMIX

Nov 29, 2015

• Like Like x 1
        • Pixel

Pixel Server Trainee

Jan 13, 2016

I have seen this program used for other games like Robocraft, and yeah it works pretty well hardly see any hackers on there

• Like Like x 1
          • ATOMIX

Nov 29, 2015

Fare enough then I guess I'll get someone to look into it more.

• fletch

fletch New Member

Mar 19, 2016

rm -rf ./steamcmd

• Like Like x 1
            • -=SMT=-Majestic{18DD}

-=SMT=-Majestic{18DD} Server Moderator

Feb 23, 2016

Ohhh that fletch haha, durrr well played fletch , well played :joy:

• ATOMIX

Nov 29, 2015

HeheheheI don't get it.

• FastaPasta

Jan 30, 2016

Still a good idea, but I don't get it, I'm too young for this type of world :p