1. Welcome to SMT Gaming! Please create an account and take a look around! :D
    Dismiss Notice

Finding The Perfect Sensitivity (TF2, CSGO, etc.)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by FastaPasta, Aug 1, 2016.

1. FastaPasta

FastaPasta Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2016

Hello Reader,

You may have trouble finding your perfect sensitivity or just want to see if this works, I'm here to tell you how you can do this.

A professional Counter-Strike 1.6 player (forgot his name, all credit goes to him) has released his way of finding your perfect sensitivity. To start of, join a private server (csgo, TF2, etc.) and start by writing down your default sensitivity (your current sensitivity). Ask yourself, "is it too fast with little movement by the mouse", if so divide your sensitivity by 1.5 . If your sensitivity is too hard to move around, then multiply it by 2.

Example:

Current Sensitivity = 3.1

If it is too slow, multiply it by 2 (3.1 x 2 = 6.2)

If it is too high, divide by 1.5 (3.1 ÷ 1.5 = 2.06666666667) (correct to two decimal places = 2.07)

Try out the different sensitivity by shooting bots. I like 2.07 better than 6.2, So that is my final sentivity.

Keep in mind you can do this all the time, for the most part this will take 10 - 45 mins sometimes. Different values will depend on your mouse DPI and your mouse mat size. This is all personal preference, so you must do this for yourself to understand what is right for you.

Tips : Changing sensitivity during games that are in process will ruin your "muscle memory", as your brain will need to study the different speeds of your mouse.

Turning off Mouse Acceleration will boost your accuracy, this is personal preference too, but most replies have came back a success.

Any questions are always welcome, if your having trouble with what I said, please reply. Thanks!

-FastaPasta

• Like Like x 1
    • Murdoch

Murdoch Senior Server Moderator [Lifetime Donor]

Jul 31, 2016

Will this, with the combination of my many hats, make me a Genuine Sniper Main?

• FastaPasta

Jan 30, 2016

Hats don't determine skill level, (same with csgo but with skins) its just cosmetics and I see people get judged on how they play by what they have equipped. So your question, "Will this, with the combination of my many hats, make me a Genuine Sniper Main?", answer is no. Just keep practising, you will become a better player. Don't take note on how people judge your looks, just play the game. Thats what is was intended in the first place. :)

• Murdoch

Jul 31, 2016

oh ok.

• FastaPasta

Jan 30, 2016

I see too many people owning the AWP | Dragon Lore, however their aim is just garbage.

• Makaveli

Makaveli TF2 Rapid Fire Manager Division Manager Development Team Junior Trade Moderator Forum Moderator

May 27, 2016

I'm pretty sure he was joking :p

• FastaPasta

Jan 30, 2016

A question that is not answered will frustrate me sometimes.

• Makaveli

Makaveli TF2 Rapid Fire Manager Division Manager Development Team Junior Trade Moderator Forum Moderator

May 27, 2016

What is the meaning of life?

• FastaPasta

Jan 30, 2016

• Like Like x 1
      • Murdoch

Jul 31, 2016

• -=ST=- Warrak

-=ST=- Warrak Active Member

Nov 6, 2015

an angelic being, regarded in traditional Christian angelology as belonging to the highest order of the ninefold celestial hierarchy, associated with light, ardor, and purity.

• Makaveli

May 27, 2016

Thanks for the info!