1. Welcome to SMT Gaming! Please create an account and take a look around! :D
    Dismiss Notice

Accepted Emunator's Forum Moderator Application

Discussion in 'Application Archive' started by Emunator, Oct 2, 2016.

1. Emunator

Emunator Junior Trade Moderator Forum Moderator [Lifetime Donor]

Aug 23, 2016

About me
    Date of birth:
    Feb 1, 1997​
    General Location:
    Orana Region, NSW​
    Alternative accounts:
    My brother has an account or 2, but he doesn't have a PC anymore and doesn't use it anymore. I do not know the links, but one of them is in my friends list but forgot the name.​
    Do you understand SteamRep, please explain?
    https://steamrep.com/ is a community made, non official anti-fraud and scam prevention system. It provides details about steam accounts regarding scam reports, whos official valve staff(To prevent fraud/impersonation) Also tells you if a user is vac/trade or community banned.​
    About you:
    My names Dylan, 19, Male.
    I work in a hotel as a bartender with irregular days/hours.
    I'm a mild programmer, I find programming very enjoyable(Especially when you crush bugs!)
    I also love gaming, with 230+ games on my steam account(250+ on my library)

I'm also a huge drinker and country type, personally nothing better then going to the pub or kicking back at a having a few.
    Also a Lifetime Donor on the server.
    Other then that, I usually do nothing. (Yay for free time!)

And yeah...
    Feel free to ask me anything else, not sure what else to say about myself.
    Application Information
    Experience:
    I am a moderator on another forum board that uses the software IPboard.
    http://www.mineimatorforums.com/

This is my account link for proof: http://www.mineimatorforums.com/index.php?/profile/1000-emunator/ (Feel free to ask for screenshots of me logged in if you wish to be thorough)

Before I was given' my moderator position, I was a chat moderator for around 2 years. Moderating the live chat(An actual chat, not shoutbox). It's not used very much anymore as discord came into play.

After around 2 years, I got a moderator position on the forum board in early 2015 and I still currently and actively moderate the forum.
    I do have full administrator powers on there, but rarely use them unless for account management or account deletions. Sometimes updating the software if the Admin is busy/away.​
    Why do you want to be a forum moderator?
    Moderating forum boards is my passion! (Weird, I know)

I thoroughly enjoy it, and since the forum board I moderate is dead/passive during my timezone, I usually have plenty of free time.
    Time I wish to use on this forum board if accepted.

I also want to be a forum moderator here so I can contribute to both the community and the staff. As is the reason I am moderating the other forum also.

Not to mention, I actively play the Rapidfire servers often, adding to my passion to contribute to the community.

(I hope this is enough?)​
    Weaknesses:
    The only things I imagine I'll have to 'improve' is getting to know the forum system, and how other forum staff deal with certain issues, such as reports, ban appeals, scams and more.
    However I can easily learn by watching how they deal with those.​
    Tell us a joke:
    The excessive character limit for this section is a joke. 1000 characters? I could write a short novel.​
    Area(s) of focus:
    I'd like to moderate and/or start off with:
    • Server Reports
    • Ban Appeals.
    And maybe Backend development/maintenance(If Qualified, not sure what this includes)

I'd like to start off with those(Mainly the ones in dotted points), if accepted, as I've seen how other forum staff deal with them and could quickly learn how to deal with them myself.

As for the others, I'd rather wait and start off with a few jobs and gain experience here and watch and see how other staff deal with them before throwing myself into a clueless pit and making wrong decisions.​

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • -=SMT=-Majestic{18DD}

-=SMT=-Majestic{18DD} Server Moderator

Feb 23, 2016

+1 Would support this applicant

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Shadoo

Shadoo Retired

Feb 16, 2016

+Support, good luck Emu

• Agree Agree x 2
        • Makaveli

Makaveli TF2 Rapid Fire Manager Division Manager Development Team Junior Trade Moderator Forum Moderator

May 27, 2016

+Support, love this guy.

Good luck!

• Like Like x 1
          • Agree Agree x 1
          • Enstage

Enstage Owner

Feb 17, 2015

What languages do you know? How experienced are you with them (what is the limit of your ability with respect to each language you know)?

Thanks.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
            • Emunator

Emunator Junior Trade Moderator Forum Moderator [Lifetime Donor]

Aug 23, 2016

Thanks for the positive comments guys!:heart::heart_eyes::weary_face::weary_face:

I know GML like the back of my hand. I've made a few programs and basic games with that languages, ranging from paint, photo editors and alarm clocks. I also make mods for the program the forum board I moderate is about. I have 400+ hours on the IDE on steam but I'd have around 1000+ hours just from the desktop version.

C++ is very minimal. (It's very similar to GML, so I'd never have to worry about my syntax.)

C# is "okay". Haven't used it for a longtime however, so if I'm ever to use it I'd have to reference functions and my syntax quite abit to get back on track..

Hopefully this answers your question, for whatever reason you're asking. ;)

• Like Like x 1
              • Useful Useful x 1
              • Ellie Goulding

Ellie Goulding [Lifetime Donor]

Apr 1, 2016

• Enstage

Enstage Owner

Feb 17, 2015

Accepted. Welcome to the Forum Staff team.