Join our Discord!

76561198084209562 (African Child (Slightly crispy))

Discussion in 'Scam Reports' started by Snakewill, Jul 9, 2018.

1. Snakewill

Snakewill New Member

Jul 9, 2018

Player Information
    Accused Name: African Child (Slightly crispy)
    Accused ID64: 76561198084209562
    Accused Block

Victim(s)

Impersonated User(s)

Report Information
    What Happened?
    He sent me a trade on an SMT trade server and proceeded to ask what I was selling, I proceeded to add 3 strange weapons to the trade but he kept poking for more claiming he would overpay, we eventually settled on the items I would trade [hitmans heatmaker, cleaners carbine, carbonado botkiller sticky bomb launcher (all strange), airwolf sniper rifle, the crit cloak and a strange sinners shade] which he said he would trade me money for via PayPal transaction directly to my steam wallet, at this point I got a bit suspicious as I did not think this is how the wallet works and tried to back out to which I was met defensiveness and him poking at me that he had waited a long time in this trade and that I needed to respect him, and then he even sent a valid credit card as proof, he then said he already sent the money and it was being processed, so with that I felt guilty if I didn't send the items. To avoid complication I went with it as he had been polite and had a steam profile with many good comments as to how good his trading was and also had no bad information on his steam rep, I sent the items which he traded with a single unopened supply box as a space holder for his monetary trade. He friended me and I messaged to confirm he got the items and he said the transaction was being processed on his end. Hours later I haven't received anything so I go to message him only to find he has unfriended me, at this point it I knew I had been scammed. I sent another friend request to his profile but came back later to see he had blocked communication with me. At the end of the day I should not have fallen for such an easy scam and what I lost in monetary value was only small ($5) but I he spent some time requesting my unusuals and other higher value items that I did not give to him, so I wish to stop him from completing further scams like this in the future.
    Evidence:
    I unfortunately did not screenshot our conversation during trade and cannot retrieve any chat conversations as he has blocked me but you can see below that I have traded him a substantial amount of items for only a supply crate (which I did expecting a monetary return on my items).
    View attachment 5287
    Below I have posted my purchase history as proof I have not received and monetary transaction from anyone today (9th of July) and if it seems suspicious that there is +$5 added to my account on the 3rd this is not from African Child as I did the trade on the 9th which is proved in the trade date in the first image.
    View attachment 5288
    Below is proof that I have since been blocked by his account.
    Screen Shot 2018-07-09 at 8.39.52 pm.png

Attached Files:

2. ShogunMetalShot

ShogunMetalShot Server Moderator

Jul 30, 2017

Here's a tip, anytime someone says they will send steam wallet funds for your items, it's ALWAYS A SCAM

3. ShogunMetalShot

Jul 30, 2017

Also, any +rep's on a person's comment section regarding trades are fake 99% of the time. Check their Backpack.TF trust. If there's nothing there or there are actually -rep's, they are most likely a scammer.

4. ShogunMetalShot

Jul 30, 2017

(Sorry for a 3rd reply) If you cannot get their profile to show up in the Backpack.TF search bar, take their Steam Profile link an put it into a site like http://steamrep.com/ or https://rep.tf/ and get the profile number. You can use that number in Backpack.TF as an alternative to see their profile.

5. Snakewill

Snakewill New Member

Jul 9, 2018

6. Majestic{18DD}

Majestic{18DD} Senior Server Moderator Forum Moderator

Feb 23, 2016

The accused backpack can be found HERE

Marked under investigation.