Join our Discord!

Archived 76561198084209562 (African Child (Slightly crispy))

Discussion in 'Archived Scam Reports' started by Snakewill, Jul 9, 2018.

1. Snakewill

Snakewill New Member

Jul 9, 2018

Player Information
    Accused Name: African Child (Slightly crispy)
    Accused ID64: 76561198084209562
    Accused Block

Victim(s)

Impersonated User(s)

Report Information
    What Happened?
    He sent me a trade on an SMT trade server and proceeded to ask what I was selling, I proceeded to add 3 strange weapons to the trade but he kept poking for more claiming he would overpay, we eventually settled on the items I would trade [hitmans heatmaker, cleaners carbine, carbonado botkiller sticky bomb launcher (all strange), airwolf sniper rifle, the crit cloak and a strange sinners shade] which he said he would trade me money for via PayPal transaction directly to my steam wallet, at this point I got a bit suspicious as I did not think this is how the wallet works and tried to back out to which I was met defensiveness and him poking at me that he had waited a long time in this trade and that I needed to respect him, and then he even sent a valid credit card as proof, he then said he already sent the money and it was being processed, so with that I felt guilty if I didn't send the items. To avoid complication I went with it as he had been polite and had a steam profile with many good comments as to how good his trading was and also had no bad information on his steam rep, I sent the items which he traded with a single unopened supply box as a space holder for his monetary trade. He friended me and I messaged to confirm he got the items and he said the transaction was being processed on his end. Hours later I haven't received anything so I go to message him only to find he has unfriended me, at this point it I knew I had been scammed. I sent another friend request to his profile but came back later to see he had blocked communication with me. At the end of the day I should not have fallen for such an easy scam and what I lost in monetary value was only small ($5) but I he spent some time requesting my unusuals and other higher value items that I did not give to him, so I wish to stop him from completing further scams like this in the future.
    Evidence:
    I unfortunately did not screenshot our conversation during trade and cannot retrieve any chat conversations as he has blocked me but you can see below that I have traded him a substantial amount of items for only a supply crate (which I did expecting a monetary return on my items).
    View attachment 5287
    Below I have posted my purchase history as proof I have not received and monetary transaction from anyone today (9th of July) and if it seems suspicious that there is +$5 added to my account on the 3rd this is not from African Child as I did the trade on the 9th which is proved in the trade date in the first image.
    View attachment 5288
    Below is proof that I have since been blocked by his account.
    Screen Shot 2018-07-09 at 8.39.52 pm.png

Attached Files:

2. ShogunMetalShot

ShogunMetalShot Retired

Jul 30, 2017

Here's a tip, anytime someone says they will send steam wallet funds for your items, it's ALWAYS A SCAM

Also, any +rep's on a person's comment section regarding trades are fake 99% of the time. Check their Backpack.TF trust. If there's nothing there or there are actually -rep's, they are most likely a scammer.

(Sorry for a 3rd reply) If you cannot get their profile to show up in the Backpack.TF search bar, take their Steam Profile link an put it into a site like http://steamrep.com/ or https://rep.tf/ and get the profile number. You can use that number in Backpack.TF as an alternative to see their profile.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2018
  3. Snakewill

Snakewill New Member

Jul 9, 2018

4. NamesMonk

NamesMonk Senior Server Moderator Junior Trade Moderator [Lifetime Donor]

Oct 3, 2016

Hello.
    Unfortunately due to no chat logs we can not determine what both parties where offering on the trade so therefore I will be archiving this report.
    Never the less, thanks for the report.