1. Welcome to SMT Gaming! Please create an account and take a look around! :D
    Dismiss Notice

Archived SmexyTrading as of June 2015

Discussion in 'General Discussion Archive' started by Enstage, Jun 11, 2015.

1. Enstage

Enstage Owner

Feb 17, 2015

I just wanted to make a quick post to get everything straightened out, so there is no confusion among players and staff. This post will have some information about where we plan on going in the coming future, the current state of SmexyTrading and some other things.

SmexyTrading Game Servers
    A couple of months ago we received a better deal for servers that we already had been getting, it gave us more customization and accessibility to the servers themselves. Among myself and other senior staff we decided we would give the host a try, while still keeping our old servers in the case we were not happy with the service. During the trial period I did make some dumb decisions, decisions which I should have thought on for longer and discussed with the staff as a whole. This lead to SmexyTrading being scattered and unorganized in the sense that we had six servers with our players scattered across them, meaning there wasn't much interaction between staff and players. 

To bring SmexyTrading back to a more active community with greater interactions with greater interactions between the staff and the players we are going to remove four of our servers and return to a total of two main servers, hosted with WombatServers. We have plans to expand, this will be explained in the "Pinion Ads" section.

Pinion Ads
    As basically anyone who has joined our servers has noticed, we have been running Pinion Advertisements; 30 second ads that must be viewed by players upon connecting to the server. I want to make it clear that the decision to place ads on our servers was not a light one. Myself and the other owners were finding it hard to keep up with payments, and it got to the point where there was either going to be no SmexyTrading, or a SmexyTrading with ads. We made the decision to place ads rather than letting the rapid fire goodness die out.

The ads provide enough to pay for the servers monthly, plus a little bit more. Due to this, we will be able to add another server or two each month. I intend to do this slowly rather than adding six servers all at once so that we can build sort of a separate community on each server.

CS:GO
    As suggested by multiple people, we will of course look into hosting game servers for CS:GO.

• Like Like x 2