1. Welcome to SMT Gaming! Please create an account and take a look around! :D
    Dismiss Notice

New AFK command

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by FastaPasta, May 27, 2016.

1. FastaPasta

FastaPasta Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2016

adding a new command called !afk ( /afk) would be great to see in-game. It should have god mode as a benefit and immobilising the player as a downgrade. Problem is people would abuse the command so adding a 1 min cool-down and teleporting the player into a cage should counter this.

-Fasta

2. Cenden

Cenden Retired

May 14, 2016

What's the difference between doing this and just going afk?

3. FastaPasta

Jan 30, 2016

well for me people ask me things and i feel that I should answer them, however, having said that you can just put in (-afk or #away) in your name, but that infiltrates with the automatic name changing plugin.

P.S I don't like having -afk in my name, I like to have a nice clean name history :p

4. Richard O'Mally

Richard O'Mally Senior Server Moderator Senior Trade Moderator Forum Moderator

Jan 23, 2016

I always kinda laugh when people put #AFK in front of their name and leave for 5 minutes. Like..who wants to know..or care? lol

Or maybe I'm just being cynical.

5. FastaPasta

Jan 30, 2016

more words in the name, more dank the name is. E.G. FastaPasta ---> xX_FastaPasta_Xx ---> [HU] xX_FastaPasta_Xx ---> [HU] xX_FastaPasta_Xx #afk #dank ---> etc

besides i go afk for at least 30 mins - 1 hour, Counter Strike Global Offensive (csgo) esports tournaments, discussing new ways to enter a bomb site (they are pretty lame), etc.

6. Cenden

Cenden Retired

May 14, 2016

oh thats actually pretty smart.

On the counter-side of that we could just have a AFK timer that after 10 minutes without moving your player it automatically moves you to spectator. This way we don't have 7 afk people in red spawn with only 3 people active.

• Like Like x 3
    • FastaPasta

Jan 30, 2016

Having a AFK timer is good, but nearly every server has it. I got this idea when I use to play GTA SAMP and i use to muck around with the commands, (This idea was like 2 years ago, GTA SAMP doesn't work on my pc anymore)

P.S GTA SAMP = Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas Multiplayer

• FastaPasta

Jan 30, 2016

My point is something new that brings in people.

"same shit, different day" -I saw this from a friends T-Shirt